Hi everyone! I have been busy this weekend with commissions for Creativity magazine – exciting! But now they are packaged up and sent off I have had time to make a couple of male cards using the new Denim Blue range from Papermania.
1. For this card I started with Papermania textured cardstock and added a doodle border.
2. I die cut three hexagons in different sizes using the Xcut nesting hexagons dies and smooshed them with the Denim Blue shading pigment ink pad to create the striped tonal effect. Simple and effective!
3. I die cut the ‘happy birthday’ sentiment using my new Paper Smooches word die and attached it with very tiny foam squares!
4. Finally I punched a couple of stars, inked them and put brads through them, then added a twine bow.
1. I added a panel of textured cardstock to the left of the card after inking the edges with black dye ink.
2. I die cut the hexagons and inked them with the shading pad again then arranged them on the card and stuck them down flat.
3. I made a border from kraft card, wrapped it with twine, and attached it with double sided tape. I added a Denim Blue star on top, tying the twine into a bow.
4. I created the ‘happy father’s day’ sentiment with Madame Payraud’s alphabet stickers (currently on sale in the docrafts online shop so I have stocked up!) and attached it with foam squares.
5. Finally I pierced a few brads through the card, added a little inked star, and added banners and glitter stickers top left.