Hi crafters, how are you all doing this fine spring day? We have been lucky with the weather this Easter bank holiday weekend. Last week James and I were in Cornwall and very much appreciated the sun coming out for our coastal walks and bike ride along the Camel Trail. Apart from when my chocolate buttons melted in the car – I didn’t like that bit. But I never complain about the sun – I love the hot weather. Anyway, you’re here because you wanted to know how to make a cute sweet shop card, right? Well you’re in luck! We have a beautiful make from Design Team member Christine Bilyard using our new Sweet Pastels range.
As soon as I saw the Sweet Pastels collection I knew I wanted to make a little sweet shop. This 3D sweet shop card is super simple to make.
1. Create a gatefold card front from a piece of 25cm x 15cm white card scored at 4cm, 8cm, 17cm and 21cm, mountain fold at 4cm, valley fold at 8cm, valley fold at 17cm and mountain fold at 21cm
2. Cover the front of the card with striped Sweet Pastels papers.
3. Cover a 4cm x 11cm strip of card with striped Sweet Pastels paper and score a 1cm tab at each end to form the shop counter
4. Attach the two tabs from this strip 4.5cm up from the bottom of the card.
5. Now it’s time to decorate the shop front. Stamp the shelf from the Sweet Pastels Sweetie Jars stamp set twice using black ink. Fussy cut and add one shelf to the front of the shop counter and one half way up the front of the card.
6. Stamp eight jars with sweets using the stamp set. Colour in the sweets – I used sharpie pens for a bright look. Fussy cut them out and adhere to the card as shown using foam pads.
7. Stamp the “you’re the sweetest” sentiment in black ink onto a banner shape. Add a pink staple one side and adhere to the card front using foam pads.
8. Finally take two wooden lollipops – add a small pink ribbon bow to each and adhere to the front of the card as shown.