How to make a cute sweet shop card
Hi crafters, how are you all doing this fine spring day? We have been lucky with the weather this Easter bank holiday weekend. Last week James and I were in Cornwall and very much appreciated the sun coming out for our coastal walks and bike ride along the Camel Trail. Apart from when my chocolate buttons melted in the car – I didn’t like that bit. But I never complain about the sun – I love the hot weather. Anyway, you’re here because you wanted to know how to make a cute sweet shop card, right? Well you’re in luck! We have a beautiful make from Design Team member Christine Bilyard using our new Sweet Pastels range.
As soon as I saw the Sweet Pastels collection I knew I wanted to make a little sweet shop. This 3D sweet shop card is super simple to make.
1. Create a gatefold card front from a piece of 25cm x 15cm white card scored at 4cm, 8cm, 17cm and 21cm, mountain fold at 4cm, valley fold at 8cm, valley fold at 17cm and mountain fold at 21cm
2. Cover the front of the card with striped Sweet Pastels papers.
3. Cover a 4cm x 11cm strip of card with striped Sweet Pastels paper and score a 1cm tab at each end to form the shop counter
4. Attach the two tabs from this strip 4.5cm up from the bottom of the card.
5. Now it’s time to decorate the shop front. Stamp the shelf from the Sweet Pastels Sweetie Jars stamp set twice using black ink. Fussy cut and add one shelf to the front of the shop counter and one half way up the front of the card.
6. Stamp eight jars with sweets using the stamp set. Colour in the sweets – I used sharpie pens for a bright look. Fussy cut them out and adhere to the card as shown using foam pads.
7. Stamp the “you’re the sweetest” sentiment in black ink onto a banner shape. Add a pink staple one side and adhere to the card front using foam pads.
8. Finally take two wooden lollipops – add a small pink ribbon bow to each and adhere to the front of the card as shown.
First look at the NEW StickerKitten Sweet Pastels range
Hi crafters! In this blog post I want to give you all a first look at our beautiful, brand new Sweet Pastels craft range which will be released on 1st April 2019! Right now we have our Summer Collection 2019 craft box available to order which contains all of the Sweet Pastels range plus loads more goodies. The next few ranges – Tropical Brights, Seaside Dreams and Pretty Stitches – will then be released individually over the summer. I’ll have more to share about those ranges over the next few months, but for now have a look at these gorgeous new goodies!
The Sweet Pastels range features a 6×6 paper pack, Sweetie Jars stamp set, Sweet Shop stamp set and two packs of wooden embellishments – one with lollipops and sweets, one with mini sweets and jars.
The paper pack includes pretty designs in an array of pastel colours! These make great backgrounds for cards where you are showcasing stamped images and are perfect for little 3D projects.
The little sweets are sized perfectly to fit in the jars, and the jars sit upon the shelf. You have lots of different sentiments to choose from across the two packs. You might even recognise those little gummy dinos…!
How cute are these little shops?? In this set you get a sweet shop, a little bakery and a cosy cottage. Ideal for birthday treats or new home cards. You can stamp the little bistro set next to each of them too, and there are bushes and tufts of grass to complete your scene.
The mini sweets are designed to fit inside the jars. You can have lots of fun painting these and using mixed media techniques to bring your little sweet shop project to life!
The lollipop embellishments also come with the swirls included in the pack. You can paint or ink up the swirls in different colours and pop them back inside the lollies for a colourful combination.
Stamp the lollies across the page and then use the solid background stamp to add pops of colour!
Here I’ve used bright lemon, grapefruit and purple coloured inks to create a pretty birthday card. You can stamp the sweets designs edge to edge to create a jar full of goodies! This one is full of little lemon sherbet pips. Yummy!
Sentiments in this stamp set include ‘wishing you a day filled with sweets and treats’, ‘you’re the sweetest’, ‘happy birthday’ and ‘thanks’.
All our stamps are made of photopolymer so they stamp really crisply.
The designs look really pretty stamped in black ink and coloured with alcohol markers. Try a very pale blue for the glass jars.
For this card I’ve left the stamped sweet shop uncoloured so that it stands out in black and white against the pastel papers.
The ‘for someone sweet’ sentiment fits perfectly above the awning of the Marshmallow Bakery. Wouldn’t these make sweet little tags?
We’ve also included a little thatched cottage stamp in the set to give you more versatility – you can have fun making welcome and new home cards. Colour the little cottages however you wish, and add some more trees, bushes and tufts of grass outside and sunshine above!
All of our stamp designs are sketched out by me and then the artwork is done by James. We design all the stamps really carefully to work well together, and love adding little details like all the sweetie jars lined up in the window here.
I hope you love our new Sweet Pastels products as much as I do! Don’t forget you can grab everything in the box set here for a 10% saving – only 10 boxes are available so order now if you don’t want to hang on for the individual product releases!
Happy crafting :)