Hi everyone, today on the blog we have a lovely Alpaca Wishes cardmaking tutorial from DT member Christine Bilyard. Although Alpaca Wishes is our Christmas range this year Christine shows here that it can be used for makes all year round as there are plenty of non-Christmas designs in the paper pack too.
Step by step
1. Create a 6”x6” kraft card blank and turn so the fold is at the top. Round the bottom corners using a corner punch.
2. Adhere a gold doily to the left hand side of the card.
3. Cut three strips of different patterned papers from the Alpaca Wishes paper pack, two pieces one inch high and six inches wide and one piece one and a half inches high and six inches wide.
Tip – this project is also fab for using any paper scraps you might have.
4. Adhere the strips of paper to the card, overlapping if needed to make sure that the top and bottom of the gold doily is still visible.
5. Add a strip of thin gold washi tape and thin silver washi tape between the paper strips as shown.
6. Tear a square of vellum just over 3.5”x3.5” and emboss using a heart embossing folder – put to one side for now.
7. Create a frame from silver glitter felt (or you could use silver glitter card). The frame is 3.5”x3.5” with a 0.5” depth frame. I used the We R Memory Keepers frame punch board to make mine but you can also use a craft knife with a metal ruler to make the frame.
7. Round the corners of the frame using a corner punch.
8. Attach the vellum behind the frame but offset at an angle using a staple in the top right and bottom left side folder.
9. Attach the vellum backed frame to the left hand side of the card using a hot glue gun or string glue.
10. Add a wooden alpaca to the centre of the frame using a hot glue gun or strong glue.
11. Add a pink ribbon bow with adhesive pearl to the top left side of the frame.
12. Create a banner from green patterned paper from the pack, stamp the “alpaca kisses” sentiment and staple to the bottom right hand side of the card to finish.